While we certainly would love for you to call M.J. Storey Landscape Construction for your outdoor project in Maine, we also encourage you to do your homework when choosing a landscaper.
It’s important to call early (like now!) to get on a landscaper’s schedule before you lose precious summer months to outdoor projects and inconveniences. You want to work with a reputable company that will get the job done right so you don’t have problems down the road.
But how do you know if the person that came to your house and gave you a quote is someone you want to complete your landscaping project?
Here are 10 questions to ask when choosing a landscaping company:
- How long have they been in business? Experience can make a big difference in the outcome of your project, especially if it’s a larger one.
- Have they completed a project like this before? You might find a company that can do a project for a good price. Make sure they know what they are doing before they start.
- Are they insured? This question is a no brainer. It’s surprising how many people forget to ask this simple question. Unfortunately, there are many landscapers out there who are not properly insured.
- What is included in the cost? When you get an estimate from a landscaping company, you want to see the breakdown of everything that is included in the projected cost. Some projects can get particularly complicated with materials, time and labor. Do you know what you are going to get when you hire them?
- What kind of equipment do they have? Reputable companies have their own equipment that is insured and will make the job easy and efficient.
- What will the process be like once you start working with them? After you choose the landscaper, you want to know what happens next. Are you on a schedule? Do you need to make accommodations while they are working on your project? Make sure there aren’t any surprises along the way.
- Are they certified? There are several certifications that landscapers can acquire. While not required, those that are certified have the education and knowledge to complete a variety of landscaping jobs.
- What kind of products do they use? You want to make sure the products used in your space will last for a long time and won’t hurt the environment.
- Can you see comparable projects? Seeing completed projects from the landscaping company will give you a good idea of the work they do. Be leery if they can’t give you a couple of addresses to drive by or show you some photos.
- What is the experience of their staff? Landscaping companies often hire inexperienced labor for the summer to fill in holes in their staffing. Are they trained? Do they know what they are doing? You want to feel comfortable with the crew working on your project.
Give us a call at 207-829-4345 or get a free estimate. We promise a detailed estimate and will answer any questions you may have.